What’s a Payment Gateway?
A payment gateway is a technology that bridges your merchant services provider with your e-commerce website. It secures your customers’ sensitive information through encryption and fraud detection.
Payment gateways are tools that connect three parties: you, your payment processor, and your customers. Get incredible features through our payment gateway providers:
Sell products online with personalized solutions for your financial goals. The right e-commerce payment acceptance software will help you increase customer retention and loyalty, work more efficiently, expand your customer base, support faster transactions, allow recurring billing, and boost sales thanks to a high level of convenience and an excellent user experience.
How it works:
- Your customer enters their card information into an embedded form provided by your chosen payment gateway.
- This encrypted information is processed and the bank is notified. The banking institution gives authorization or declines the transaction based on the availability of funds.
- The payment processor (credit card service) receives and sends word of authorization or decline to the payment gateway, and the customer receives a digital receipt.
- The payment processor sends the money from the customer’s account to your merchant account.
E-commerce payment portals can help you with:
- Analysis and reports
- Mobile management
- Customer data management
- Fraud detection and prevention
- Customer relationship management
Want to explore your e-commerce payment acceptance solutions with POS Consultants? Reach out to us using the form below.